CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

week 30


towards the end of last week (2jan) we left for Kansas....

this week we started to get settled into our new house. We miss Daddy terribly but Nana was here to help make the move a little easier.

Anna started to really crawl this week. I mean really crawl...no more lunging...she moves...FAST! My favorite thing is how she will follow me around the house...i love the sound of her little hands slapping against the floor as she crawls. I also love how excited she gets when she gets to me!

Anna is also learning how to pull her self up. Most of the time she gets her legs totally straight but is bent over about at a 90 degree angle at the waist. She will just stand like that trying to figure out how to straighten up until her legs get tired and she falls. A couple times she pulled herself completely straight up when she used my shirt to pull herself up.

In addition to mastering the art of crawling and learning how to stand...Anna also is taking steps when you hold her hands. She can take about five or six steps. She has only done this a couple times but is absolutely amazed with herself when she does it.

I forgot to mention that last week (week 29) Anna mastered the art of clapping. She is adorable...if you say "yea Anna" she will clap!

Ok back to this week...one time this week Anna put her hands together and moved them like a fish....and mumbled. We think she was singing the fishy song...because when we sand it she got laughed and smiled.

Anna also started a home day care this week. I was nervous at first but she seems to be doing great. She is there with another baby (about 2 months) and two 3 year olds. Her caregiver said that she likes to be with the big girls. A couple times when I picked her up she was in the room playing with the big girls (ok playing in the same area) but she was so focused she didnt even realize I was there until I got right down in her face. That kind of made me sad because normally she turns as soon as she hears my voice but it also made me happy because she seemed to really be enjoying herself!

1 comments:

Scott & Tami said...

Wait a minute...did you move to Kansas? Are you not in Hawaii any more...email me and give me the scoop!!!