CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy Birthday!




Today is Anna's one month birthday!!!!! YEAAAA. She is doing so good. This week she really started to respond as she is talked to. She will often focus on the person talking to her as long as that person is holding her. She also seems to be trying to laugh as her smiles have become longer. She is also starting to make more sounds with her mouth (mostly they are little grunts). This week she noticed the zebra toy that is attached to her swing and started reaching for it. It was so cute. A couple times when she touched it her eyes got so big! (the third picture is of her reaching for the zebra)
I have started singing ABC's to her and at the same time signing them as well. She seems to notice that I am doing something with my fingers and will focus on them for the middle part of the alphabet.
She also seems to have a little seperation anxiety if she cant see someone. She will cry out with an "ahhh" sound and if I dont go to her she will start to whimper. It is so cute!
oh and her hair is starting to curl!!!! its so cute in the front she has a few curls. if you look closely at the picture you can see her curl! (the first picture)
One of the things that i love the most i just holding her. I love the way she curls up so close to me and the cute little sounds she makes while she is sleeping. Sometimes I think I am spoiling her because I hold her so much...but my theory is your only a baby once... and one day she will do thru a period where she wont want me to hold her and then she will be too big to be held...so i am getting it all in while I can!
I cant believe how big she is getting. We went to the doctor yesterday (for her rash) and she weighed 9 lbs! I think she is actually a little under 9lbs because they left all her clothes and diaper on. But still...that means she has gained almost two pounds since she left the hospital. Such a big girl.
I love being Anna's Mommy...she is such an amazing baby!

2 comments:

sheila said...

what a cute little girl you have. I like the pictures. We'll have to get together and have our girls play softball.

Da Denninghoff's said...

Alisha I agree with you. Holding your baby to much, is there such a thing? That's how you show your love and they feel it! Eve is at the stage where she doesnt want to be held, but just explore her environment. The only time she will let me hold her, is for about 30 seconds after she wakes up. Anyhow, happy 1 month Anna! Aunty loves you!