CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Emergency Rooms


This past week was mostly relaxing up till the weekend.
Anna got sick Saturday morning. It was coming out of everywhere and she had a temp. I felt so bad for her. She was so not herself. She just slept and wouldnt eat. We went to the doctor Sunday night and by the time the doctor came back to see us her temperature had broke. However, she still had the runny poo.
Besides that Anna is doing great. I have noticed over the past couple of weeks something that she picked up from me... I often pat her on the back when i give her a hug. SHE DOES THAT NOW! She did it to Daddy when he was here but it has become even more of a common occurance. Its amazing what children observe. Its a good reminder that you have to watch yourself because they are watching and learning from you.
Ok....so I wrote that first part awhile back...Things have been hectic. Anna got quite sick the following week. She ran a real high fever and had to take her to the emergency room, she wasnt eating and she was vomiting and had the runny poos. Well at the emergency room her temp finally broke, they checked her out and said it was just a virus and if she still was showing symptons to take her back to her doctor in a couple days. Well a couple days went by...she still wasnt really eating (pedialyte) was her staple and she still had explosions thru the diaper. I also noticed her hands and feet were intermittingly turning a shade of purple and getting really cold. So back we went to the doctor. Well the doctor didnt know what to make of her hands and feet. She said it could be nothing (sometimes since babies circulatory systems arent fully in sync this happens when they get sick) but she said it could be something....so....she sent us to an emergency room in downtown Kansas City. She sent us to a Childrens Hospital. Well off we went. Here I am driving down to Kansas City, worried sick that it is something to be worried sick about. Well bottom line they said since all he vitals were good and her heart sounded good they thought it was due to an immature circulatory system. Not to worry and just keep an eye on it. So that I did. Finally a couple days later, Anna was feeling normal and slowly her hands and feet stopped getting barneyfied (purple). I have noticed when she takes a bath they get purplish and cold but go back to being normal shortly after. So that was that week. You can imagine. It wasnt very fun. I did alot of her laundry, clothes, changing bed sheets. Just holding her because she didnt feel good. However, two visits to the emergency room in one week...not good.
The next week Anna was completely better and we had a more normal week.
She is growing so fast. My favorite part of the day is picking her up from daycare. I love the smile on her face and the hug that she gives me. It makes my day...something to really look forward to.
I think I am off a couple weeks. Seeing as how we are a month away from her being a year old and Im not even close to 48 weeks....soooo...I guess I will start titling these differently.

0 comments: